Thursday, March 28, 2013

Changing schedule already...

Well, I've changed my running schedule already.

As you might recall, I was doing my long run on Tuesday and my medium run on thursday.  Well, last week, that felt like a little too much mileage for me on consecutive running days.  I finished my medium  run on Thursday, but decided to switch it to a recovery run for this week.

That meant on Saturday I needed to start off with my medium length run.  That meant that the 8 mile run that felt so heavy on my legs on Thursday really felt leaden on Saturday.  I ran 8 miles on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Sunday was a piece of cake run at 5 miles and this Tuesday I did a 10 mile run.

I mentioned before that I have no issues running on land and a 10 mile run on the Chicago Lake Path is a pleasant 9:00 minute a mile jog.  Doing 10:00 minute miles on the treadmill wiped me out.  I'm going to play around with my starting speed and see if that helps me.  Maybe I need to start off slower so I can ease into faster miles.  I'd love to get my land speed and treadmill speed to match up.

I've also been working on my nutrition.

I'm not the best eater.  Oh, I eat well.  I just don't really eat the right things.  If I could eat pizza every day, I would.  I bought a Runner's Guide to Nutrition and am trying to eat a little more "correctly".  I'm trying to eat the correct kinds of carbohydrates and concentrating on consuming more fruits and vegetables.

I'd like to slim down while still fueling my runs.  Which means I can eat the whole grain pancakes and strawberries, but that bacon has to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment