Sunday, March 24, 2013

Running on a ship...

Working on a ship and getting paid to perform for Second City is great.

At the ships gym, you see a lot of things you'd never see anywhere else.

An example?

Well, here's a list of just a few thing I've witnessed while running on the treadmill:

24 year old girl running on the treadmill in flip flops. (Actually, this isn't that uncommon to see. I see lots of people in flip flops, sandals and barefoot on the treadmills.)

Woman walking on treadmill wearing heels.

Man walking on treadmill in shorts and dress shoes.

Shirtless guy, barefoot, wearing cargo shorts that were hanging below his butt, running on the treadmill.

Shirtless guy on the elliptical, carrying a beer in each hand.

Middle aged woman on the stairmaster eating an ice cream cone.

Girls in bikini's running on the treadmill while wearing running shoes. (I'm not complaining about seeing this one. Just baffled at the fact that they go all the way back to their rooms to get socks and shoes, but don't feel the need to get shorts or a tank top.)

A guy sitting on the treadmill and eating a huge plate of spaghetti while his wife walked on the treadmill next to him.

I once saw a woman speed walking on a treadmill. She stepped off the treadmill to get a drink of water, but didn't bother to stop her treadmill. She stood behind it for fifteen minutes while she drank her water and talked to her friend. When she was ready to get back on, she forgot that she'd left the treadmill running. She took one step on and it sent her hurtling. She crashed into two other treadmills and knocked down two other walkers. No one was hurt, but me. I had an ache in my side from stifling my laughing while I was running.

I once was in the middle of a 15 mile run when I felt a woman tap me on the shoulder. "Were you in the comedy show I saw the other night?" She asked. I told her I was and she nodded her head. "I thought so," she replied. "My room steward didn't give me enough towels. Can you get some for me and bring them to my room?" I smiled politely and said no.

It's a wild world at sea. Beautiful facilities and great tools to get in shape. Some people just aren't sure how to use the tools or facilities.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 5

No comments:

Post a Comment