Friday, April 5, 2013

Beach Birthday...

Yesterday was my birthday and we went to the beach.  It was a blast.
I've never been to the beach on my birthday and since we were in Grand Cayman, it seemed like the perfect time to go.  

We got lots of sun and had lots of fun.

Now, here's the odd thing about our beach visit that relates to running.  

A few months ago I went to Fleet Feet and did a running test to make sure I was wearing the proper shoes.  The test proved that I'm a severe over-pronater when I run.  "You twist your ankle a lot when you walk and run, don't you?" the sales man asked.  He was absolutely right and I told him that was the reason I'd bought the Ravenna shoes I had purchased.  The Brooks shoes that I buy really help stabilize my feet and ankles when I run.  

Well, when we were on the beach, I ran in the sand to jump on the water and 5 steps in, completely twisted my ankle.  It's pretty tender today, but I still woke up, put a sleeve on it and ran 6 miles.  

Seriously, I'm used to twisting my ankle.  I'll put some ice on it tonight and run through it again tomorrow.  By Sunday, we'll be back home in Chicago and my ankle will be close to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment