Friday, March 1, 2013

We're signed up...

You may have heard about the disaster that was the registration for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.

Well, my wife Jeannie and I were fortunate enough to have gotten in.  It was a bit of a fiasco and I was double charged and never received a confirmation e-mail, but in the end, it all worked out.

Training has gone well.

We work an unusual job (thus the lapse in blog updates).  We work for a theater company aboard a cruise ship.  It involves us living on cruise ships for four months and then heading back to Chicago for a few months and then back out to sea for another four months.

We're currently on a break, but we'll head back in a few days.

While we were on the ship, my marathon training was clipping along nicely.  I stuck my schedule and was running 5 miles on Wednesdays, 8 miles on Thursdays, 5 Miles on Saturdays and increasing my long run steadily each week.  We departed the ship on January 15th and on the 14th, I ran 18 miles.  It's the longest I've ever run.

Getting off the ship, I tapered down and am trying to run 6 or 8 miles, 3 to 4 times a week.  Once we get back on the ship, I'll bump my schedule back up to the 5, 8, 5, Long Run schedule that I grew comfortable with on the last ship.

I'll also update this more often now that we're officially headed to the marathon.  The miles are going to start accumulating once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment