Thursday, October 10, 2013

Almost...

It's almost marathon time.

2 weeks ago I did my final long run.  It was supposed to be 22 miles, but I miscalculated and it ended up being 21.5.

No bother.  It was a really good run and I felt really good afterward.

A couple days after that run, Jeannie and I went to symposium for the marathon put on by Fleet Feet.

The panelists gave us some really good advice and information and it was cool seeing some running celebrities.

Last week, I bought my marathon shoes.   They're the newest Brooks Revenna's.
I love them because they're Bears colors.

I'd put 600 miles on my old shoes and it was time to get a new pair.  I bought them 2 weeks before the marathon so I could get them worn in and ready for the big day.  They're still a little more stiff than I'd like so I'm wearing them as my everyday shoes to loosen them up a bit.

Last Friday and I did my final mid-range run in the rain.  I like running in the rain because it makes me feel hardcore.  Since it was raining, I figured the Lincoln Park Zoo would be empty so I detoured through there to switch up my run a bit.  I never run through there because I don't want to be in people's way, but since it was pretty deserted, I figured the animals could use a visitor.  None of them seemed to notice me.
I also ran by the newest statue in Lincoln Park, Fountain Girl.  Read about her, here.

Tomorrow is the Marathon Expo at the McCormick Center.  I'm excited that we're getting closer to pounding out our 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment