Monday, October 21, 2013

Post Marathon...


Well, it's been a week since the marathon and I've fully recovered.

It took a few days.

People had warned me that I'd be sore for at least 3 days and they weren't wrong.  It was surprising.  When I ran 22 miles, I was only slightly sore.  26.2 miles made me ache all over.

On Monday, Jeannie, Brett and I went to Fleet Feet and got our medals engraved.  They turned out very cool.



We also bought a very cool drawing from a local artist who produced a fantastic painting for the marathon.
It's such a wonderful drawing.  He's a wonderful artist and has some very cool pieces on his website.

Today, I ran for the first time since the marathon.  I did 6 miles and my legs felt very strong.  The rest of my body felt very relieved to be back out on the lake shore running path.  A week without exercise left me a little creaky and doughy.  So nice to get back to tightening everything back up.

The marathon is over, but the running continues.

We've already started planning for where we're going to run next.

No comments:

Post a Comment