Friday, July 5, 2013

Treadmill miles...

I ran 16 miles on the treadmill Monday. It took 2 hours and 10 minutes and I used 4 towels. Sweaty, sweaty run.

Here's a few odd things that happen every time I run on the treadmill. Invariably, someone gets on the treadmill next to me and see that I'm running 6.5. Now, most people who use treadmills on a cruise ship are most likely using a treadmill for the very first time. They see me running and think I'm going slow so they immediately jack their speed up to 7.0 or higher. I know that before the timer reaches 1 minute, they're going to fall, jump off or yell for help.

It happens every time. EVERY TIME.

Why my pasty legs taking long strides on a treadmill inspire an arrogance in other people that they can beat my pace is beyond me.

We had a beautiful day in Glacier Bay yesterday. Here are some photos.












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: