Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lotta miles...

I hit 40 miles for this week.

I've never done that before. I ran 16 on Monday, 10 on Wednesday, 8 on Friday and 6 on Saturday.

My legs were definitely tired on Saturday. Previously, the most miles I've done in a week was 34 miles. Putting in those extra 6 yesterday was really great.

I wanted to get the 40 miles in this week because I'm throttling back next week. We're leaving the ship and traveling for a couple days before we get back to Chicago. I'm not sure if we'll be able to run while we're traveling, so putting some significant miles on my legs was essential.

I wanted to get some long miles in while I was here in the cool temps of the great northwest because I hear the weather is hot and humid in Chicago. When I get back, it's going to take some time to get acclimated to the weather. I already know I'm not going to be able to jump back in and run 16 miles immediately on the lake path. It'll take time.

Before I ran my 10 miles last Wednesday, Jeannie and I took a helicopter ride to the top of a glacier and went dog sledding.











It was fantastic.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment