Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fuel...

Lordy, I had a bad run yesterday. It's been awhile since I've had a bad run. It's so humbling.

I'd intended on running 18 miles on the treadmill. The view outside was so foggy that I couldn't even see the water.


I plugged my headphones into my iPad and prepared myself to watch 18 miles worth of Modern Family. Do you know how many episodes that is?

9!

I was about to watch 9 episodes as I ran. That's almost half a season!

The first 12 miles were no problem. They flew by.

At mile 13. I just...I just...kinda crashed. I trudged along another 3 miles and finished at 16 miles, but couldn't drag myself another 2 miles.

Well, if I had to, I could have done it. But I was so exhausted I just thought it would be a bad idea to force myself to do it.

Why did I have such s bad run pop up out of nowhere?

Well, I'm pretty certain I can answer my own question.

For the past two months I've been much more responsible regarding food choices. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I went off the rails. I had pizza twice! Donuts twice and for dinner Sunday night I had Pringles, Butter-Pecan Ice Cream and 2 gummy worms.

Not exactly the fuel for champions.

I've learned my lesson.

Back to eating better!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 5

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was those 2 gummy worms that pushed you over the edge.

    ReplyDelete