Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ribs, pt.2...

I ended up doing my 18 miler on Saturday.

I was pretty hesitant about doing it as I walked out the door, but all the worrying was for naught. I cruised through the run without any issues.

I ran North, instead of South. In doing so, I ran 9 miles North and ended up in Evanston on Northwestern's campus.

It really was a great run and I enjoyed it immensely. Afterward, we walked over to the air and water show and met up with my sister who was in town.





Recovering from the run, I really ate responsibly. I ate like a crazy person Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Because of that, I forced myself to do 12 miles on Monday.

Bumping my Friday run back to Saturday has thrown my week off a bit. I ran 8 miles in the sweltering heat with my wife, Jeannie on Wednesday.


But, I can't do my normal back to back day, today. I'm doing 20 miles tomorrow and I need my legs to be rested for that. I'll have to make up the extra miles and run a few times in a row next week.

On the bright side, my ribs have almost completely healed. They don't hurt at all when I run and are only tender when I get bumped or sleep on them wrong.

Also, if you are following this blog, I'm sure you already know and follow her blog. If you don't, you should! Her blog is really funny and she updates it a few times a week.

Follow her blog here.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 5

No comments:

Post a Comment