Friday, August 16, 2013

New routes...

Last Friday I ran 16 miles. I switched up my route to make it a little more interesting. Instead of running on the Lake path, I ran downtown.


The great thing about running is you pass closely by things you've never seen before.





I eventually turned around at the McCormick Center and ran home.


On Sunday I did 10 miles. Tuesday and Wednesday I did 8 miles on both days.

It was a struggle on both days. Not because I was tired or had cardio problems, but because I got crushed beneath a pile of people in my improv show Sunday night. My ribs are k.i.l.l.i.n.g. me. If I take a deep breath, it's very painful.

Thursday was my rest day and I didn't run so my ribs felt better. Today I'm scheduled to do 18 miles, but as much as I don't want to do it, I'm delaying my run. I'm shifting my long run to Saturday, Sunday or maybe even Monday. However long I need before I can breath comfortably while I run.

When I ran on Tuesday, I ran home from the Jefferson Park Train Station.


There are some bizarre statues over there.


From that station to my house, it was almost exactly 8 miles.

The new routes have really invigorated my runs. Now, I've just got to get these ribs healed up.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 5

No comments:

Post a Comment