Sunday, June 9, 2013

Beyond the base...

I ran 33 miles last week. I hadn't planned on doing it, it just happened.

On Monday, I ran 10 miles in the pouring rain in Juneau. It was cold and rainy and I had to run up and down mountainous terrain. I'm not used to that.

On Tuesday, Jeannie ran with me.


She liked the scenery, but didn't like the wind and hills. Both were crazy on Tuesday.

On Wednesday I ran while we navigated through Glacier Park. This is what I see from my treadmill as I run.








This bird watched me as I ran.



I have to say, riding on this cruise ship as we circle through Alaska is sometimes odd. I see these gorgeous pristine mountains in the background as people wolf down chili dogs on the water slide.


We're close to 18 weeks out from the marathon. I've got a strong base and now have to start stretching my runs. In the past couple of months I haven't done a run beyond 13 miles. It's time to start racking up some miles

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment